Yamaha updates MMP1 studio monitor management system
Posted on: Wednesday 7th of November 2018
New firmware for the Yamaha MMP1 studio monitor management system has been announced which adds a range of refinements, including support for the CB Electronics TMC-1 monitor controller. The MMP1 is a signal processor which incorporates advanced monitor control and a comprehensive range of audio processing functions, to support contemporary production workflows, in one compact rack-mountable unit.
In addition to a 40 x 36 monitor matrix – which allows flexible configuration of main monitor, cue and other audio I/O – the MMP1 includes a 32 x 32 speaker management matrix with time alignment functionality and FIR crossover filters. This space-saving unit offers flexibility for managing formats from stereo to immersive multi-channel audio.
The Version 1.1 firmware update adds remote control support for the TMC-1 monitor controller from CB Electronics, a leading manufacturer of equipment for post-production studios. With the new firmware, the TMC-1 can be used to remotely control MMP1 monitor source selection, speaker system selection, levels, mute and dim. Read the Resolution magazine review of the CB Electronics TMC-1 here.
Used in conjunction with the MMP1 Controller* app for iPad, this provides convenient access to a wide range of detailed settings, for a more efficient, productive monitoring environment.
Other Version 1.1 refinements which contribute to the MMP1’s improved overall use include:
- Pop-up EQ graphs and meters that can be rearranged in the editor window
- Expanded lip sync delay time (up to 300ms)
- SPL parameter lock to prevent accidental changes
- Expanded GPI assignments
- Meters that can be rearranged as required
The MMP1 Version 1.1 update will be available as a free download from the Yamaha Pro Audio web site during the third quarter of 2018.
* The MMP1 Controller app for iPad offers convenient, intuitive control of essential parameters, while MMP1 Editor for Windows and Mac computers provides all-function access, with a setup wizard making configuration fast, easy and precise. MMP1 Controller and MMP1 Editor are free to download from the iTunes Store and Yamaha Pro Audio web site respectively.