Sound Particles 2.0 adds real-time rendering, CGI
Posted on: Thursday 28th of February 2019
Introduced in 2016, Sound Particles offers unique workflows for sound designers, increasing creativity and reducing the time needed to create and record complex sound effects in virtual 3D environments. Sound Particles is an immersive audio 3D “CGI-like” application for film, TV, VR, music and game audio production. Employed to great effect on many feature film releases – including Aquaman, Ready Player One, Batman vs Superman, amongst many others – since its release just over three years ago, the new release, Sound Particles 2.0, adds binaural monitoring, Windows support, Ambisonics file import, CGI file integration and real-time rendering, along with many more significant feature updates.
New Features In Sound Particles 2.0
- CGI Integration – following extensive use on productions from the industry’s leading animation studios, Sound Particles 2.0 adds CGI metadata recognition. Import native CGI animations, such as Autodesk’s .fbx files. Tag graphical components and automatically track keyframes, saving time by streamlining workflows for dynamic objects.
- Realtime Render – audition projects in realtime, whatever the scene. From a simple doppler pass to hundreds of sound sources in a battle scene, Sound Particles 2.0 facilitates instant feedback for realtime adjustment of complex sound designs.
- Binaural Monitoring – monitor and audition immersive audio creations with direct binaural output to headphones, avoiding traditionally complex DAW import and routing requirements.
- Windows Support – Sound Particles 2.0 is Windows and macOS compatible.
- Ambisonics and surround file import – ability to import up to 6th order Ambisonics files. Build complex immersive projects using prerecorded 5.1, 7.1 or Ambisonics encoded material.Further enhancements include a VR Client Application, desktop-based VR slider control of parameters, an improved audio I/O module with output VU metering and recall for multichannel virtual microphone templates.
New licensing system – Sound Particles 2.0 introduces licensing options to suit everyone, from multi-room facilities and film productions, through to independent professionals and home audio enthusiasts. Access to these workflows and features is available through either monthly subscription or upfront payments, with plans starting at $19.99 per month.